Process referrals online easily.
Why Young Smiles?
1. We care about our patients, our top priority is to make all of our patients feel comfortable and relaxed in the dental setting
2. We understand each child is an individual, with different feelings and that often new places can be quite intimidating for young children. We believe in creating a positive experience for each child to promote a life-long positive attitude towards oral health
3. We use the following techniques to help children feel comfortable with a new dental experience:
- "TLC" Tender, loving, care: This includes having a kid friendly environment and team, using terms that are age appropriate such as "shower" to clean a "sugar bug" off their tooth, rather than a "drill to clean a cavity"
- "TSD" Tell-sho-do: First we start off by telling children what are are going to do, showing them the materials we use, and then doing it. This helps decrease the child's fear of the unknown
- "Distraction" through story-telling and listening to their favorite music
- "Positive reinforcement" by verbally praising children for their good behavior, accompanied with a sticker, prize and sugar free lollipop after the treatment is done!
Tip from Dr. Helen Christopher
How do I keep my kids teeth healthy?